Do you want to really deep dive into learning to weave on a multi-shaft loom? Then joining instructor Jude Haraldson in this core skills class is for you!
BEGINNER WEAVING COURSE OUTLINE
8 WEEKS 3 hours per week instruction with additional homework
1) Introduction to weaving equipment. Prepare a warp (wool). Warp the loom.
2) Weave the first sampler (plain weave, basic twill). Finishing techniques. Finish the fabric.
Read weaving pattern drafts.
3) Project planning and records. Plan second sample warp. Prepare second sample warp
(cotton). Warp the loom.
4) Weave the second sampler (more twills). Weaving yarns and fibres – characteristics and
uses. Plan final project. Materials and equipment sources (order yarns if necessary).
5) Prepare third sampler (cotton). Warp the loom (possible alternative method). Weave third
sampler (colour gamp).
6) Evaluate final project plans. Prepare final project. Warp the loom.
7) Weave final project. Finishing techniques. Weaving resources.
8) Evaluate projects. Future directions in weaving. Try weaving on floor loom
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
Jude Haraldson is a longtime member of the Saskatoon Spinners and Weavers Guild. Holding an Applied Arts Diploma in Weaving from SIAST Woodland and past work with the Saskatchewan Craft Council, Jude has been an accomplished weaver, spinner, dyer for over 30 years.